How to keep strays cool in summer?
1. Keep Them Hydrated:
- Place multiple water bowls around your building premises.
- Make a mixture of 1 part plain yogurt mixed with 3 parts water to provide them with essential nutrients & cooling
2. DIY Cooling Pads
- Dip a gunny bag, dip in water & place it as the cooling mat for the dogs outside. It will stay cool for a longer time. You can wet it twice a day during the hottest hours between 11 - 4 pm.
3. Take Action As a Responsible Citizen
- If you notice any abnormal head movements, extreme panting or salivating it may indicate a heat stroke.
- Give water immediately, wipe with wet towel in a shaded area or if nothing works, visit a vet immediately.
This is a small way or a list of summer tips for dogs which you can use to help strays in summer.